Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

i am locked out of my samsung galaxy android phone(mesmerize

Customer Question

i am locked out of my samsung galaxy android phone(mesmerize from us cellular) my son tried to unlock in w/o knowing the pattern, now it says to sign with my google account and password, i don't think i have one?? i tried my email account and password XXXXX it just keeps saying "checking"
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 3 years ago.
It is wanting the G-mail account info that was used to set up the device originally. Do you not know what what is? it will want ONLY what is in front of the @ symbol in the gmail address, not the full @gmail.com

If you do not know that, there are two things to try,.

1. Call the phone and while it is ringing, hit the back button like a mad man and see if it will let you get into the menu where you can change the password XXXXX check the gmail acoc**t that is set up

2. If that does not work the ONLY option is a factory reset on the device which is going to erase everything that is not saved to the memory card. Let me know if you want instructions on how to do that, but try the first option before we do that!

- If it works, please click Accept as that is how I get credit. If not, let me know and we will keep working on it. Bonus NOT necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay how do you do a factory reset?

1. Turn the power off. If your Samsung Mesmerize is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Samsung Mesmerize. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

MAKE sure you set it up with a Gmail account that you save the info on!!! Also, did you download any apps on the phone?

You can reply back even after you ACCEPT the answer, it does not close the question and we will keep working on this until we solve the issue for you!

Experience: 5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have a wipe data/factory reset highlighted with a picture of an android robot standing next to a triangel with a exclamation point inside of it? then on bottom it says manual mode? but i can't seem to get it to do anything
Ok, with it highlighted you push the Volume up button...is that not working?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
when i hit volume up or down, the highlighted msg would move up and down for different things on a menu, then i hit the home key on bottom of phone, then it said move volume key for yes or no so i thought i had it? then when the phone came back on i still got the same lock screen asking for user name and password, im still locked out and don't know it i have a factory reset or not??
CRAP!!! I dont know why that is not working, I have ha da bunch of the Galaxy S devices that are just locking up like this and requiring full OS reloads.

I hate to tell you this, I would take it back to the wireless carrier and just tell them that it is not letting you in even...I would leave out the part about not knowing the proper password XXXXX Sorry I dont have better news. They will either reload the OS or give you a new device
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay
Sorry and best of luck!