Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network

my iPhone 3G suddenly lost all my Calendar info and says No

Customer Question

my iPhone 3G suddenly lost all my Calendar info and says No Calendars. what can I do to get my data back?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

Have you recently plugged this device into the computer with itunes running on it?

If so, plug it back in, click on the iphone when it comes up under devices, then click restore and see if there is a recent version to restore too.

Where is your calendar synbcing from if it is syncing to another program or calendar?

You can reply back even after you ACCEPT the answer, it does not close the question and we will keep working on this until we solve the issue for you!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I normally sync my iPhone with my computer at the office, which is connected to the server and uses Microsoft Exchange. Currently, my office computer is not available. My home computer has Itunes, but I have never synced at home. Home computer is also linked to the server at work. Can I sync with my home computer and reach the server even though the IPhone was "set up" with the computer at work? I'm afraid to sync with home, fearing that the blank calendar will transfer to the server, instead of the server info getting back on the iPhone. I can't lose all my Calendar.
Ok, got ya,. NO!! Do not sync with itunes at home. It sounds like somehow the activesync settings fell off or were corrupted (happens all the time actually) and you are going to need your network admin or whoever set this up to configure it again. I would try the restore on the work itunes first, see if that works and if not had it over to the network person at your work. Your calendar is still on the server, the link from the server to the phone is just wonky for some reason.

Actually, try this as well....

Hold down the sleep/wake button at the top of the phone AND the Home Key. Hold both of them down at the same time for at LEAST 20 seconds or until the phone resets

It can take a couple of minutes for it too boot back up, see if the caledar is there after that
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Richard--

I tried the reset for 20+ seconds and the screen is dark now. Should I try to turn on the iPone with the sleep/wake button?

Hello, the screen should restart with the silver apple on it. Try holding it longer. even 30 seconds, this can take a bit. Did the solver apple not appear at all?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, it appeared, but I kept holding the buttons and it disappeared.
Ok, just hold them again and when the solver appla appears release them and let it boot back up (this can take a while but it should show the apple on the screen while it is doing it.)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OK. I held the buttons again. The IPHone rebooted. I still have no calendars. What the heck??

This is all very complicated. I am moving my office to another location and my office computer no longer has hard wired access to my server. The server has been moved elsewhere, "co-located," and my office computer hasn't made contact with it yet. If I sync with the office computer while it is wirelessly connected to the server (I think I can manage that tomorrow sometime), is that likely to work to restore the iPhone?

Most likley that should work. Your e-mail is still working fine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

E-mail is fine. Any way I can reach you tomorrow to follow up on this after I try the work computer? Could be 10:00 a.m. EST or after 4:00 p.m. EST.

I appreciate your help and am happy to pay $15, but I'd like to know that this will actually work first.

Sure thing! You should eb fine with the restore. Worst case is to remove the device from the server (undo activesync) and then re-add it. You cna keep replying back and I will be glad to help! I have several question that go one for weeks sometimes as we try different things (this should NOT be one of those, but glad to help as long as you need me!)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, thanks. I'll be back in touch tomorrow.
Sounds good!! Let me know!

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance. Please click Accept to close out the question and so I get credit for it.

Thank you so much!!