Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

I have a SCH-R355C samsung cell phone how can i pull up the

Customer Question

I have a SCH-R355C samsung cell phone how can i pull up the data in the data counter and read it?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,

1. While in standby mode (main screen), select the left soft key for Menu
  2. Select Call Timer (5) or Data Counter (6)
  3. Choose desired call timer to check current usage and other timers
If this is a pre-paid phone,

To review airtime information

1. While in standby mode, select the left soft key for Menu
  2. Select Prepaid (1)
  3. Select Airtime Info. (4)
  4. View Balance information and Due Date

If it works, please click Accept as that is how I get credit. If not, let me know and we will keep working on it. Bonus NOT necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO what I am saying is when I am already in DATA COUNTER MODE it shows a number then the kb letters. These are old texts I believe even after they are cleared so how can i re pull them up or open them once already deleted thru the regular text menu way?
Hello, ok, now I underdtand what youa re asking. USUALLY SMS (text) is sent via the voice channels on a phone and not the data channels, data usage mor elikley indicates picture messages sent or recieved or even network updates or web browsing if any.

Once the SMS (text) messages are deleted off the phone there is no way to recover those messages,. After 7 days MOST us wireless carriers totally erase them from their system as well.

Sorry I do not have better news for you. Any messages that have been deleted are gone.
Thank you and please let me know if you have any additional questions on this!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no more questions. I wish there was a way to get the old text messages back but oh well...
I know, I am sorry. You cna always e-mail text messages to yourself if you want to keep them for later.

1. Create a new contact called "Email"
2. In the new contact, where the phone number goes, just enter your e-mail address (when entering, you can go to options and change the input options to letters and symbols for the @ symbol)
3. Save this new contact.
4. Select the message and forward, select your new "e-mail" contact and send it.

It will show up in your e-mail from a e-mail address like "[email protected]"