Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network

My phone will not let me text message, it says Error sending

My phone will not let me text message, it says "Error sending message" with an i above words
Hello, did this work before and just started acting up? Also, what kind of phone do you have?

Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Brand new phone Samsung GT-B3310
Did this work before or are you using it for the first time and it is not working?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I just opened a brand new package, never worked. Can receive emails, will not even let me reply back.

Was this a unlocked phone? If so who is your SIM with?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I bought an unlocked phone from ebay. SIM card is AT&T
Prepaid or normal AT&T SIm?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Prepaid or pay as you go is what it is called
Ok, so here is your problem. You need to call AT&T and let them know you have a unlocked phone with a prepaid SIM and need their SMS and MMS settings. I am just clocking out and have not been able to find those for you in my knowledge base or I would include them. They should have that info for you and you just change that in your phone (settings menu)

Their number is

I will be on tomorrow so let mw know if youa r enot able to get it solved!
Let me know how that works! I know the settings for the normal contracted plans buy theya re different than those for the Pay as you go plans and wont work (tried that allready.)

Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I called AT & T like the expert said, and they could not help. I have a Samsung phone with a pay as you go card inside. I need to get the code for a samsung phone

What did they tell you? They would not give you the SMS settings?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They said that they were not my carrier, that I would probably have to talk to a samsung spokesperson. I am still waiting for an answer from somebody. I paid 15 dollars and have not had my question answered. Very disappointing. I have an AT & T Sim Card, and a Samsung GT-B3310 phone. AT & T gave me a bunch of numbers to try, and they did not work.
I am confused as to how AT&T is not your carrier. Your SIM is active with a number on it correct? Do you use AT&T pre-paid cards or with another company that is just using a AT&T SIM card?

Sorry for the trouble, we will get to the bottom of this
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I use pay as you go AT&T pre paid cards, yes, my number is XXXXX!!!

Ok, let me make some calls and see if I cna get the proper SMS server settings. May take some doing. I will get back to you as soon as I get something (I aslo sent and e-mail toa contact I ahve at AT&T)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay, my son needs to do homework, so my pop up will be turned off, but I will keep checking my emails. Thanks!!Smile
No problem! I am not even 100% I will get it today, I may have to wait fro that e-mail reply, I am talking to a ATT rep right now on the phone though

So frustrating as I know exactly wehat you need and with EVERY other carrier they just have it on their website...stupid AT&T!!! :)
I have dug around all over the place and have no luck at all finding this information. I am so sorry. I am going to request a refund for your payment since I have not been able to solve this. best of luck and sorry, I really thought I would be able to fix this
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks anyway, yes I do think I deserve a refund, because my question was not answsered. Can you please follow through with it. Thank you anyway!!

Allready sent. Best of luck