Mike, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  6+ Years Repair / Support / Troubleshooting / and Programming Experience
11762411

What does it mean when it tells me Im getting Low on space

What does it mean when it tells me I'm getting "Low on space" Phone storage space is getting low. What do I do about that?

Bob
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thanks for the question. Can you tell me what kind of phone you have?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Motorola Droid -
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. That means the device is running out of internal memory. A variety if things can contribute to using too much device storage such as applications installed, cached application data, and email (if you're using POP). I'd first suggest going into settings/applications/manage applications and clearing the cache on the apps. You have to do this manually one by one so it's a bit tedious, but it will probably help. While you're on the screen where you clear the cache, take note of how much space each app is using. That should go a long way to telling you which apps are taking up your space. Let me know if you need more help. Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There were only 2 apps that had cached to be cleared. I also eliminated one app completly. The Alert is no longer there. Hoewver my email is locked at Nov 19 and is not updating.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
That's good to hear. The email issue, I'm not very familiar with. That's a different issue altogether. You may want to try a battery pull (remove battery, wait 10 seconds, then re-insert). That will usually solve basic software glitches like that. If not, you may want to post it as a separate question since it is an unrelated issue. There may be another expert who can help with that if the battery pull doesn't fix it for you.

About the low on space issue, I had this bookmarked, too, and thought you might it useful: Android Maintenance

Edited by Mike on 12/1/2010 at 6:04 AM EST