Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network

My husbands iphone keeps reloading old email messages that

Customer Question

My husbands iphone keeps reloading old email messages that he has deleated? He now has over 3900 emails in his inbox. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. What e-mail provider do you use (AOL, Gmail, yahoo etc)

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We have our email through the company that hosts our website. Network Solutions is our email provider. It is a pop3 email account
Ok, which version of the iphone do you have and has this always happened or did this just start out of no-where?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok - this will show how little I actually know about his phone. I believe it is a 3G/ I do know it is NOT the newest iphone. This seems to be a reoccuring problem.
No worries. This is a odd problem and there are actually several different things that can cause it. Lets try the most basic things first.

1.Hold down the sleep/wake button at the top of the phone AND the Home Key. Hold both of them down at the same time for at LEAST 20 seconds or until the phone resets.

2. go to settings -> general -> reset -> reset all settings. Do not worry all your data will be the same but your settings will delete. Background picture, ringtone and brightness might need to be set up again

Once you have done those things, have him go and delete the e-mails again and see if they come back. This SHOULD fix it unless it is a server settings issue but if that was the case then it would happen all of the time and not just every now and then.

You can reply back even after you ACCEPT the answer, it does not close the question and we will keep working on this until we solve the issue for you!
Experience: 5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Following the instructions you gave - hoping this will work!
I hope so to, but there are other things that we can try adn I will stay with you until we get it solved even if it takes a few days or more! Just keep replying back to this same question!