Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

I am using a friends blackberry bold & the ringer got shut

Customer Question

I am using a friend's blackberry bold & the ringer got shut off & I can not figure out how to turn it back on - any suggestions?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question, this means you have put it on silent. Depending on the model, it is most likely a preset for the sound profile that you hit.

Do this/

Hit the Blackberry key (key directly to the left of the scroll pad) then down to Settings >Sounds > and in there change from the "All Alerts Off" which youa re probably on back to one of the other profiles, most likely to "Normal"

let me know if you need any further help!!

If it works, please click Accept as that is how I get credit. If not, let me know and we will keep working on it. Bonus NOT necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!
Thank you and let me know if you have any additional questions!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The reply you gave me did not help - the sound symbol still says All Alerts Off & I can not see how to turn that off so that the phone will ring. I have tried changing the ring tone, the volume shows 10 & play sound shows Normal (always) but the phone still does not ring. I need to know how to shut off the All Alerts OFF.

Ok, so you followed my directions, went into the Sound profiles and changed it from the All alerts off and changed it to another profile (medium, loud etc?)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have the All alerts off switched off & my profiles seem to be correct Ring tone (I have tried various ones) Volume is 8 or above, play sound is on always, LED is on Vibration is on Custom, length is long count is 10 Vibrate is on always, vibrate with ring tone - I have tried it both on & off & I still can not get the phone to ring. Any suggestions?

Maybe I am not understanding or I was not clear, dont edit the profile , just go to profiles and choose a couple of different profiles and try them out to see if they work, choose "Loud " for example, just highlight it and click the touch ball or pad to select it.

Sorry for the confusion on this...it is one of those things that if I was there I could take it and probably fix it in 3 seconds but it is hard to explain sometimes :)

I have to run to a lab study group but will be back and will keep working on this with you until we get it solved!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have tried changing the settings on all of the different profiles & it stilll is not ringing - I only get the vibration mode. It does not seem to make any difference what I do - at the bottom it gives an option to try the settings & there is never a ring.
Ok, we are missing something here. Walk me through EXACTLY where you are going. Like this " Settings > Sounds > and so on

I want to make sure you are in the correct place. Give me the names of each folder or option you go into. I havea blackberry and I can follow it. lets try and get this resolved as this should be easy.