Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network

OUT OF THE BLUE MY AOL EMAIL DOES NOT WORK ON MY IPHONE. MY

Customer Question

OUT OF THE BLUE MY AOL EMAIL DOES NOT WORK ON MY IPHONE. MY SBCGLOBAL
EMAIL STILL WORKS. I DELETED MY AOL EMAIL FROM MY PHONE AND TRIED
REINSTALLING AND I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING:
"THE USER NAME OR PASSWORD XXXXX "IMAP.AOL.COM" IS INCORRECT
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. I have gotten quite a few AOL issues today from both iphones, droids and Blackberrys and it is making me think that there might be something going on related to AOL and their servers.

That being said, maybe this is just a coincidence. The first thing I would like you to try is a full reset on the iphone.

Hold down the sleep/wake button at the top of the phone AND the Home Key. Hold both of them down at the same time for at LEAST 20 seconds or until the phone resets.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I got my email to work - after deleting both my email
and the new facebook app update I installed.
My email now works (once reinstalled) but am not able to
log into facebook. Is there something wrong with the
new facebook update on certain iPhones ?
I have heard that the Facebook app is having some conflicts. Did yo re-download the facebook app again or just trying to use it right from the webpage on your phone?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Deleted the app and reinstalled it - still just kicks
me out of the app when I try to access it
TRy another reset on your phone and verify you can use the web browser
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes the web is fine - does the fb app just take that long (3 hours) to work after installing ?
No, it should work right away, or maybe a 5 min lag. Is it working now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still not working - deleted the app again - reviews say
alot of problems with new update ?
Facebook in general has some issues with mobile devices do to wanting to stay connected and sed out updates constantly. Will it allow you to go back to the older version of the app?
Hello. Please let me know if you need any additional help with this. If not, please Click Accept.

Thank you!