Daniel P.
Daniel P. , Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

What do I need to download text messages from my LG 600g t

What do I need to download text messages from my LG 600g tracfone?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Hello. My name isXXXXX you for your question. Unfortunately you've been limited by the capabilities of your Tracfone. The 600g model does not offer connectivity via USB in any way. This is why no USB cable was provided and why there are no drivers available on the internet for the device. Tracfone is one of the few companies who still sell phones that offer no PC connectivity of what-so-ever. Also, the only way to get SMS exported from your phone is either through PC connectivity or through SD card transfer which your phone model in particular doesn't offer.

.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So, there's no way to download the text messages? What about pictures? I read a "review" which showed pictures downloaded from this phone. The data cable I purchased is advertised as being for this phone, the LG 600G Tracfone specifically . What would I use the cable for?
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
The cable that you've got is a charging cable. Try plugging it into your computer and then into your phone and see if the phone starts to charge; if so, then the cable is not meant for data transfer but meant to be used as alternate charging method for your device. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It doesn't charge the phone, but it does have a piece in the middle which can be connected to the charger. Is there something having to do with Bluetooth? The review I read is at http://pbush14.wordpress.com Part 2. It talks about usb ports and downloading pictures.???

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
All I see on part 2 is the 620g, not the 600g. Did I miss it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, thought you'd be able to get to it from there. The whole thing is http://pbush14.wordpress.com/2008/08/17/tracfone-lg-600g-review-part2/ Sorry to be a pain, I need these downloaded for a court case and am not really sure what I'm looking for.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

hey don't worry about it. We'll get you some good info I'm sure. That link didn't work though :). In either case, I'll look for the page; in the meanwhile can you tell me if your model takes a memory card? I know the 620g does but not so sure the 600g does.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

http://pbush14.wordpress.com/2008/08/17/tracfone-lg-600g-review-part-2/

I just did a copy/paste, maybe this will work? My phone has a SIM card under the battery, is that the memory card?

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Ok. So I've confirmed that the 600g cannot sync via USB cable but it's possible to sync via Bluetooth. You'll have to purchase a bluetooth dongle (adapter) if your computer isn't bluetooth enabled. I found this tutorial for you which you can find here . The only other way you can transfer these are to e-mail the photos to your own e-mail address or use a memory card. To send them via e-mail, just create a picture message and put your e-mail address in the 'send to' spot. To use a memory card, make sure your phone takes a micro SD card and it should be as simple as saving the pics to the card and stick it in the computer :).

.

EDIT: I just saw your post. A SIM card is not a microSD card

.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, I'll try that next. Thank you.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

You're welcome.

.