Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

how to remove books still shown in my iphone 4 archived items

how to remove books still shown in my iphone 4 archived items even those books already removed fro my kindle account
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 4 years ago.

Hello, my name is Daniel.

Could you be more detailed and specific in what you're trying to do? I'm not quite understanding what you mean by 'archived items'. Are you trying to export books from iphone to kindle? Is that something you've already done but now want to remove them from the iphone?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hello daniel,
they were books i purchased for my kindle which went to my iphone 4 too, later when i removed those books from my kindle, those books' title still shown in my iphone as archived items (although no contents), i want to remove them. hope you can tell me how to do it. thanks.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 4 years ago.

Ok, try this:

1. Go to "Your Media Library".
2. On that web page, click on View - Trash.
3. Move items in Trash back into "Your Collection".
4. Go back to "Manage Your Kindle" - where you will see these items in the "Your Orders" list.
5. Now (finally!!!) you can permanently delete each item (as was explained above).

These items will now disappear from your Archived items on Kindle (or on iMac or on iPod)....They should at least.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
please advise how can i go to media library?
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 4 years ago.

YourMediaLibrary is on Amazon. Let me submit a screenshot:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 4 years ago.
ignore the circle :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no time now will contact you tomorrow. sorry
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 4 years ago.

No problem. I'll be here.

daniel

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
got my media library and view trash but it shows trash (0). for your information i removed several books from my account but none shown in "trash". hope you can help further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
wish to help me further to solve the issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i went to my media library as you instructed, but when i viewed "trash", the "trash" showed "0", so i was unable to move the "trash" back to my collection and therefore unable to remove books title in my iphone 4 archived items.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 4 years ago.

Hello again,

Sorry I've been unavailable the for the past day or so. I came across an exchange between two people who seemed to have the same issue you do--except it was between an iPad and Amazon Kindle. Here's how they were able to resolve it. Click HERE . I figured it would save time linking it to you than typing it all up. You've waited long enough.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the way they deleted books from their ipad were just the way i did to remove books from my iphone. the problem i have now is different . what i want to do is to remove it from my iphone 4 archived item which no longer existed in my kindle account. i even tried to purchase the same book again so as to let it shown in my account and then delete it again. the result is the newly bought book successfully be deleted, but the title previously remained in archived item remained there.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 4 years ago.

Hmm. I don't think there's a way to do this. I ended up contacting Amazon directly for you and I've gotten 3 different responses. One said to delete the app and re-install but I know that doesn't work. Another said it cannot be done as part of Amazons design. And the third said he had no idea.

I'm sorry to say that I haven't found person yet who has been successful in getting this done.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
may be i'll try to delete the app and then to reinstall . please tell how can i do it and how much should i pay you. if later you have any new way doing it. please tell me and i'll pay you if effective.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
may be i'll try to delete the app and then to reinstall . please tell how can i do it and how much should i pay you. if later you have any new way doing it. please tell me and i'll pay you if effective. i wonder if apple can do something , any way it's their iphone.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 4 years ago.

Ok.

You can delete the app itself by locating the app on your list of applications on your iPhone. Hold your finger down on the application until all the neighboring apps start shaking. At this point a small "x" will appear in the corner of the app--click that and the app should disappear.

To reinstall it--go to your App store and search for Kindle or Amazon Kindle. Download the app using your iTunes login information.

I actually don't get paid anything until you click the "accept" button. I want you to click it when you feel I've put in enough work to warrant getting compensated--until then I'll keep working to get your issue resolved.

Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience: Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!