Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

I need to unlock my smooth samsung sch-u350

Customer Question

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. Do you mena unlock in that it needs a code to unlock the phone for use or unlock it for use with another wireless carrier?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
need a code to unlock the phone
The default code should be the last four of the phone number that is or was on that phone. I would try that first. Let me know if that works
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I bought the phone on e-bay I do not have the phone number.
Ok, then we have to get creative. try this

Dial

*2767*3855#
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it doesn't work
It is a Verizon phone right?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes.
Ok, take the battery out of the back and please provide me with the ESN/MEID number. Long number usually starting with A00000 or something like that
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
A000001DDD234F
Ok, I MAY be able to get the last four of the previous number on this, but I need to call ina favor which may take till tomorrow. Is that cool? I will send it as soon as I have it
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. and how are you going to let me know? and if the number you will give me doesn't work how can I get contact with you again?
You just come back to JustAnswer.com and go back to your question. Are you using a chat box from another site or getting these on your e-mail?
Actually, lets try one other thing.

• Power on the handset
  • Enter ##626*
  • Enter 000000 or 141887 (try both if one does not work)
  • Select Network Settings then Nam1
  • Enter in MDN phone number (10 digit number, use any number you want, but make sure you right it down), then click OK
  • Enter in MIN phone number (same number as above 10 digit number) then click OK
  • Verify that the HomeSID is correct (leave as is )for you location then exit.
  • Your phone will reset and programming is now complete
  • Now try to use the last 4 of the number you used above
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    # #626* after those numbers do I have to push send or not.
    I put ##626*000000 send.
    I tried ##626*141887 send.
    and I tried ##626*000000141887 send.
    the phone doesn't unlock.
    No, I was just trying something I thought might work, all you have to enter is ##626*

THen it should get you a new menu, if it didnt, then it is not working. It is ok, I spoke to my contact and I should have the most likely code here in the next hour or so, so sit tight!
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    ok. I will be waiting for your anwer. please don't take too long because I have to work tomorrow morning thank you. (But I'll wait)
    I am waiting on him :) He said "soon" I think that means 30 minutes at most
    Ok, double check that MEID, it has to be exact and he is saying the number you gave it not coming up. it does say verizon on it right?
    should be 14 characters
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    A000001DDD234F
    and yes say verizon on it.

Ok, try this

3050
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    no doesn't work
    Yuck, ok, then they changed it. I would reach out to the person you bought it from and ask them or you can take it to the local Verizon store and they MAY be able to get the code (depends on if they have the computer to do it or not in that store.)

I am sorry, I really thought we would be able to get it solved for you.

Best of luck
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    Relist: they do not Know the anwser.
    they do not Know the anwser