Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

My iphone is locked because i typed the wrong password too

My iphone is locked because i typed the wrong password XXXXX many times. How do I unlock my phone?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Hello, my name is Daniel.

Are you talking about the lock it requires you to enter when you 'slide to unlock" ?

Also, does your phone show 'iphone is disabled' or is it locked for '15minutes' ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no entered the wrong passcode too many times. the screen shows i tunes or emergency dialing only.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Ahh ok.

Do you have your information backed up to iTunes?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
most of it; yes.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Ok. Were going to have to do a DFU restore on the phone because a standard restore won't work in this case. This will wipe everything on your phone so you're going to rely only on what's backed up on your device. Is this ok?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
wow. ok.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Ok. Follow the below instructions.

With the phone on.

1. Plug it into the computer.

2. Hold the power + home button down at the same time until the phone screen goes black (ignore the slide to power off prompt).

3. When the screen goes black, RELEASE the power button but keep holding the home button

4. Watch iTunes! When you see "iTunes has discovered an iPhone in recovery mode" RELEASE the home button. The screen should remain dark at this point, if there's something on the screen then your timing was off and you'll need to retry. Click on 'restore' and thats it.

Let me know if you have further questions so we can make sure this works for you, if not, please click ACCEPT. This is how experts are credited for their work. You won't be charged additional for this.

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Did those instructions get you into DFU mode?