Dan T.
Dan T. , Master Technician
Experience:  USAF trained; currently teaching electronics for the DoD.
42300671

Speaker volume on Motorola barrage phone is kaput... can

speaker volume on Motorola barrage phone is kaput... can't figure out how to adjust it up so I can hear my caller
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Dan T. replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer... my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to help.

First, turn the phone off and remove the battery. Then reattach the battery and turn the phone back on. This will allow the phone to reset and reengage its software. Post back with results.

Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
didn't help... i forgot to say that the headset works fine
Expert:  Dan T. replied 5 years ago.
Ok, great... I'm glad you said that.

First, though... let's try something else. Take a look at the picture below. Number 13 represents the volume control for your Motorola... more specifically, the volume control for the ear piece and ringer.

Remove the headset, then use the volume control mentioned above and try to increase the volume. Post back with results.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is at high.... the speaker is marginally better now, but not acceptable yet
Expert:  Dan T. replied 5 years ago.
Ok, thanks for that.

Since that didn't completely rectify your issue, you should check the network signal (low signal can trigger malfunctions as you've described). Signal strength is indicated by the signal indicators on the top of the screen. The number of signal bar increases as the signal strengthens and decreases as the signal weakens. Your service provider is the best source of assistance with issues regarding network coverage.

If your signal strength is fine, you should locate the Voice Recorder via the menu. Once you're there, press 'Record' and talk for a few seconds... then try to play it back. If you can hear your recorded voice clearly, the problem is software related and should've been cleared by cycling the power (if it wasn't, the phone should be sent to Motorola for repair... or get a new phone). If you didn't hear your voice, then the phone's hardware has failed (i.e., speaker or amplifier heading into the speaker... or associated circuitry)... the end result is the same... send it to Moto for repair or get a new phone.

I hope this helps. Can I do anything else for you?

Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, thank you very much for your expert help