Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!

phone wont power up. just keeps blinking verizon screen

Customer Question

I turned off my samsung reality phone at a wedding. after the wedding i turned it back on and it wont power back up. it just keeps flashing the verizon screen help!!!!!!!
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.

My name is Daniel.

Besides taking the battery out and putting it back in. Have you tried anything else? I am asking so I don't provide duplicate information.

Also, the rapid flashing of Verizon indicates a completely drained battery (among other things). If your battery was low when you powered it off, then it's very likely that it completely drained during power up (batteries take a big toll when powering up). Try plugging it in the wall and tell me if it starts charging or if the screen stays flashing.

Edited by Daniel P. on 10/3/2010 at 5:15 AM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried to charge it also it does same blinking motion. charge screeen doesnt come up.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.

Try plugging it into the wall without the battery. Will the phone power on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did it stays on for 5sec and then shuts off
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
Ok, but with the battery in the phone, all you get is flickering, right?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.

Ok, at least this points to one thing. You almost had me stumped there! A bad cell in your battery will cause your phone to flicker, this is also why I first thought that your phone must have been fully drained. A bad cell will cause your phone to completely drain and then be unable to charge back up, almost like a car battery. Since your phone is able to stay on longer without the battery in the phone, this is indicative of a bad battery. Just visit your dealer for a new battery or look online for a replacement (which is much cheaper) and that should solve your issue.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Please click ACCEPT if your questions were answered. This is how experts are credited for their work and time. Thank you so much.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There might have been something pressing against my phone in my purse holding the button down for 4 hours till i took it out of my purse. Does this make sense that that would of drained the battery?
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.

It's possible that items in your purse could continuously have been poking at the buttons on your phone, thus making the backlight come on and off which would rapidly drain your battery. This, however, would not cause a bad cell. Don't get me wrong, it COULD have been the cause, but there's no evidence so far in the wireless industry that pressing of buttons over time causes bad cells in batteries.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
but it doesnt power up with out the battery and charged into the wall. the verizon logo displays for 5 secs and then goes out.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
Right, it may not power up all the way, as long as it doesn't flicker.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.
Is the little white sticker on the back of the phone behind the battery, white?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
NO ANSWER FROM U LAST NIGHT SO I TOOK TO A STORE THIS AM. AND THE BATTERY IS FINE THE PHONE IS BROKE~!
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 3 years ago.

Well that is great news. Happy they were able to troubleshoot the issue.

Have a great day.