Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

How long does Verizon keep cell phone records, and what informatio

How long does Verizon keep cell phone records, and what information is required to do so? The records I am looking for will go back approximately 18 months.

Are you referring to a log of the incoming and outgoing call times, dates and duration?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes - I get one each month in my bill or can look it up on line for each billing cycle. The party to be subpoened also has Verison service.

Ok, how far back will it let you go online?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can't say - the other person whose records are to be subpoened is not part of my account, so I do not have access to that account. I am not sure how far I can actually go back because I changed my cell phone number a few months ago and my old number is XXXXX longer accessible to me.

Ok, cell phone records can go back as far as the carrier keeps them on file, but the carriers standard length of time is to only store them for 12 months and there is no legal requirement for them to be stored longer, this includes Verizon. This is to save server storage space.