Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

my lg Gs390 touch screen does not work. it doesnt respond when

Customer Question

my lg Gs390 touch screen does not work. it doesnt respond when i touch it.i have taken the batt out for so many times and still doesnt work.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and sorry for the trouble that you are having with your phone. How long have you had the phone and is it with AT&T?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes its an AT&T phone i have had it for about 2 month now.
is the screen damaged in any way (dropped, cracked or did the phone get wet?)

Did the screen just stop working completely? You should do a factory reset (steps below) BUT that will erase everything on the phone. The other option (the one I would do) if to take the phone back to AT&T since it does have a 1 year warranty on it, they will either flash the software if that is the issue, which it may be or give you a new phone. This is what I would do if it were my phone. I am not sure if the reset will be possible without the screen working, but see if you can get through it with the little toggle stick.

1. Select Main Menu from the Home screen
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Scroll to and Select Phone Settings
  4. Scroll to and Select Reset Settings
  5. Tap Master Reset
  6. Tap Yes to confirm
  7. Enter the device’s security code, then tap OK. NOTE: The default security code is 0000
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Richard the screen does not even allow me to go to the menu when i touch it it does nothing its like its frozen . so i dont think i can accept this answer now.
No worries man. It is ok, there really is not an answer for this if you have allready done a hard reset and the screen is dead. I would 100% take it back to AT&T or call their customer care and tell them the screen just froze when you turned the phone on, they will honor the warranty and get you a new one

Good luck! :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok i will tomorrow so do i have to pay u for this? pls
Nope, just dont click accept and the funds will stay in your account for use in the future or you can request a refund. Either way.

Of course I would take the money, but dont worry about it as all I could do was give you some advice. Just come back and see us whenever you get stuck on something!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks man then i need a refund then how am i gonna get it?
I will forward it to a moderator for the refund. Not sure how long that takes, maybe a day or two. Sit tight, I will send it over right now!

Good luck and drop the hammer on AT&T for that new phone!