Daniel P.
Daniel P. , Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

How do I unfreeze my droid when its frozen at the Phone option

Customer Question

How do I unfreeze my droid when its frozen at the Phone option screen with silent mode, airplane mode, and power off options?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

If the CTRL+ALT+DEL didn't work, then you may have to perform a hard reset. Do you have your stuff backed up?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, I can't either cause i can't get anything to work or get off the screen. But it doesn't matter

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Below are the instructions for a Hard Reset. You will lose your data but it should fix your issue.

• With your Motorola Droid still powered "Off," slide open the keyboard.

• Press and hold the "X" button on the keyboard while pressing the "Power/Unlock" button, located next to the 3.5mm headphone jack. Continue holding down the buttons until a yellow triangle "Warning Sign" appears on the screen.

• Once the yellow warning sign appears, press the physical "Volume UP" and "Camera" buttons simultaneously until a new menu appears. This may take several attempts before success.

• From the new menu that appears on-screen, go down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option using the Directional-Pad next to the keyboard, and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad to confirm.

• Scroll down to the "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad once more. That's it! When your Motorola Droid is done wiping all saved applications, information, and settings, your device will be back to the factory settings.

If this answers your question then please click ACCEPT. This doesn't charge you, it just makes sure that I get credited by JA.com.