Daniel P.
Daniel P. , Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

My Net 10 LG 600G phone wont turn on. Ive replaced the battery

My Net 10 LG 600G phone won't turn on. I've replaced the battery and first the LG screen would come on, but nothing at all after a while. What else can I try?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be your expert.

I'm going to need some information regarding your phone and service to properly assist you:

1) How long have you had your phone?

2) When you say the LG would load up, would it just load up the LG logo and then power right back off, or would it actually come all the way on?

3) How long would it stay on with the new battery?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, Daniel. I've had this particular phone since 10/25/09, about 11 months. Before I replaced the battery only the LG logo would come on. It would stay on and never come all the way on. After I replaced the battery and charged it the same thing happened: just the LG logo and nothing else. It stayed on for 2 or 3 hours with just the logo and hasn't come on again. When I plug the phone into the charger, the logo does come on, but that's as far as I can get. I've already bought a new phone, but Net 10 won't roll over all my accumulated minutes unless I can get the phone to turn all the way on. Even if you can help me do that for an hour, that would solve my problem. P.S. After unplugging the charger the logo stayed on about 2 minutes this last time. Then it turned itself off again.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.

Ok. Thank you for that detailed info.

The problem with your phone is software related. This means that theres a defect embedded in the software which is preventing your phone from booting up. There's really only one fix for this type of problem and that involves flashing your device. Unfortunately, flashing a device is lengthy and very complex, especially if you haven't done it before. It involves third part programs and cables and sometimes ends up in failure which can completely fry your device. Your phone being a Net10 phone further complicates the issue since very limited flashing software is available for it.

Net10, since your phone is less than 12 months old, should really be replacing your phone for free and thus be able to transfer your balance. All phones have a 12 month free replacement period. There's really not another way to get this done unfortunately :(

I hope this explains it at least

PS: Please make sure you click Accept if your question was answered. This won't charge you anything, it just makes sure I get credited for my answer.