Mike, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  6+ Years Repair / Support / Troubleshooting / and Programming Experience
11762411

Is there a way to monitor text messages sent by a tracfone

Is there a way to monitor text messages sent by a tracfone?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Mike :

Hi. Thanks for posting your question on JustAnswer...

Mike :

Are you interested in monitoring the content of the text messages or the numbers that sending text messages to the phone and vice versa?

Customer :

I want to monitor my wifes text messages and phone contacts.

Mike :

Oh, I see. Unfortunately, no, there is no way to monitor that information. There are a lot of scam websites out there that promise to do all sorts of things like monitor text messages, calls, etc., but they are just that, scams. There is absolutely no way to do this.

Mike :

Any other questions, or anything else I can help with in this regard?

Customer :

Is that because it is a tracfone ?

Mike :

No, there's no way to monitor text message content on any phone. The best you can do on contract phones is to see the phone numbers that are sending text messages to the phone and vice versa via the phone bill.

Customer :

Your telling me that all the gagets is see on the web are scams? I looked into some things yesterday, it said the only way is to have the info released in court.

Mike :

That's correct. They are scams.

Mike :

If you don't want to take my word for it, buy one. I'm just trying to save you some money.

Mike :

We get this question fairly often. Most customers don't want to believe it, which is understandable. But there's no way to do this. Sorry.

Mike :

Anything else I can help with?

Customer :

It's not that I am just frustrated. No I guess I am all set.

Mike :

I completely understand.

Mike :

...Well, thank you for using JustAnswer. Have a great day!

Mike, Cell Phone Technician
Experience: 6+ Years Repair / Support / Troubleshooting / and Programming Experience