Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

my samsung moment phone screen has gone entirely black...cannot

my samsung moment phone screen has gone entirely black...cannot see any icons, or incoming calls, and am unable to call out due to black screen as well
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 6 years ago.

Is the phone on, even though the screen is black? OR is the phone completely off and appears to be 'dead' ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
phone is on...just black screen
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 6 years ago.
What do you mean by Sprint 'refreshed' the phone?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i really dont know....she told me to take the battery out and that she could refresh the system on her end
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 6 years ago.

Follow these instructions:

1) Power down phone & remove battery
2) Insert battery w/o powering phone back on
3) Simultaneously press the volume down button, green call button & red end button - hold all 3 down until SAMSUNG appears on screen and appears to be turning on
4) A menu w/ options will appear, choose the bottom option (master reset device) - phone will erase all codes and programming (could take a minute, will show codes on screen being erased in yellow)
5) When all is reset, will return to previous menu - choose 1st option to reboot the device
6) Phone will reboot and power on

You don't HAVE to follow steps 4 and beyond. Were just trying to get the screen to work. If this doesn't work, then you've got a hardware problem on your hand. In that case you're limited to a warranty replacement if your device is less than 12 months old and free of physical damage. OR can be repaired by a third party repair vendor but you'll probably be spending around about $80 for that.

I hope this helps or at least points you in the right direction.

NOTE: If your expert has answered your question then please hit ACCEPT. Your expert is only paid a percentage of your deposit. You're not billed twice! Your expert is NOT compensated if you don't click accept. Please, if you have further inquiries, click reply.