Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Cell Phone Engineer
Experience:  Cell Phone Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree
40218039

I cannot get yahoo mail on my iPhone.

I can't get my yahoo email on my iPhone. The yahoo mail app no longer works and I can't access mail through the yahoo website on my iPhone. I can access my yahoo email on my laptop. I've tried contacting yahoo support with my question via email. I received an automated email response saying I would hear back from a representative in 24 hours. That was more than 48 hours ago.

Can you help me?

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Since you said you can access your Yahoo! mail from your laptop (assuming to be from http://mail.yahoo.com). Please follow the instructions below.

Be sure you are on a 3G network or on a working Wi-Fi environment.

On your iPhone, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, and Calendars -> Add Account... -> Yahoo!

In the Name field, put your First & Last Name.

In the Address field, put your full Yahoo! email address (i.e. *****@******.***).

In the Password field, put your Yahoo! password *****

The Description field should auto populate.

Press the Next button.

Your iPhone will connect to Yahoo! and verify the account.

Next, you will get a screen with Mail, Calendars, and Notes. Although completely up to you, I would click OFF to Calendars and Notes. Leave Mail turned ON.

Click Save.

Now press the HOME button to return to your SpringBoard. Click on Mail and your Yahoo! mail should be here.

Feel free to ask any questions, as I am here to assist you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your help. I added the account (which wasn't there, but is now). But I'm still not able to access my yahoo email messages.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I have two email accounts on my iPhone. One for work, which I can access by clicking on Mail; and my personal email -- my yahoo email account, which I used to be able to access by clicking my yahoo mail app icon (m.mg.mail.yahoo.com/... ) or by navigating to the Yahoo site (www.yahoo.com and clicking the Mail hyperlink).

Any other ideas? I still just get a blank white screen with dots blinking in the shape of a square.

Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 4 years ago.

Do you get an error when you access the Yahoo! Mail from the Mail app on your iPhone?

If you do, please provide the exact error message.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't get an error message. Just a white screen with a blinking dotted square in the middle (like it's trying to load a file or messages). At the bottom of the screen is a black rectangle with no text.
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 4 years ago.
Sounds like you are using Safari... I was asking if your Mail app (where your work email sand now the Yahoo! Mail is)... Is this location giving you an error?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I'm using Safari. The Mail icon (at the bottom of the home screen) is taking me directly to my work email, as it should. But the Yahoo Mail app is giving me the blank white screen with the dots blinking in the shape of a square. The same white screen appears when I try to access my yahoo email through the yahoo website using Safari.

Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 4 years ago.
The instructions above should have set up your Yahoo! mail in the Mail icon.

Sounds like your Safari may have an issue. Go to Settings -> Safari -> Clear History, Clear Cookies, Clear Cache.

Also go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

Reboot your iPhone.

Now attempt to see if you can check your mail in Safari as you are wanting to do.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Before I hit "reset network settings" I'd like to clarify two things.

1. I'd like to continue getting my work email from the Mail icon on my homescreen. (This is currently working.)

2. I'd like to get my yahoo email on the yahoo app and through the yahoo website via Safari. (This is currently not working.)

Will "reset network settings" allow me to do the above?

Thanks for being so patient.

Expert:  replied 4 years ago.
Resetting Networking Settings will reset your browser, wireless settings, and APN data settings to default. It sounds like the scenario you have provided me with points to that the browser is not working properly.

In theory, resetting the browser to factory (since the Yahoo! website did work at some point in the past on this iPhone) will correct this.

If it does not, the next logical step in troubleshooting would be to completely restore your iPhone to factory. If that does not work (highly unlikely not to work), you would need to replace the iPhone.

Try the reset network settings and update me on the results.
Mr. Clark, Cell Phone Engineer
Experience: Cell Phone Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree