Thank you for your patience.
Let me see if I can be of any assistance.
Here's what I would try:
STEP ONE: Disable Bluetooth
\Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Bluetooth > Bluetooth On
The device should state "Bluetooth Deactivated"
STEP TWO: Enable PC Studio/Modem Mode On Handset & Verify Data Cable Part Number
Path to change Port Mapping:
Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Select USB Mode
Port Mapping Options:
Music Player, Mass Storage, PC Studio
Port Mapping Required For New PC Studio:
Data Cable Part Number:
APCBU110BBE (Cable is not provided in box)
STEP THREE: Terminate & Reestablish Connection
1) Locate the New PC Studio icon loaded in the system tray and click on the New PC Studio icon
2) Select "Close Device connection monitoring"
3) Restart New PC Studio
STEP FOUR: Verifying x32bit Operating System Architecture
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type in sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
- Click the General tab. The operating system is displayed as listed:
- x64 version Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version appears under System.
- x32 version Operating System: Windows XP Professional Version appears under System.
If you have a PC with operating on x64, this is unfortunately unsupported by Samsung. As a last resort, you could attempt to force the application to load into a Compatiability mode to see then if New PC Studio can detect the mobile phone.
Try this out and see what you get.