Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

My phone is being hacked how can I prevent this from happening

My phone is being hacked how can I prevent this from happening in the future?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi. Thanks for posting your question on JustAnswer...

What makes you think this is happening?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well I can listen to beep and a echo and the person who did it told me he dis installed the program from my phone but I don't believe him. Even if I'm talking to someone else about something he comes and ask me like if I told him and another thing my battery discharge right away and there been days that you could see when they calling me that the phone by itself pick ups and hang up
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hmmm... sounds like the FBI might be involved there. I'm not familiar with any high tech tapping of this magnitude. I'll opt out so that one of the other experts can help. Best of luck.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 4 years ago.
Is this a smartphone ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 4 years ago.
What make and model is it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 4 years ago.

First let me clarify that I am in no way affiliated with law enforcement, however, installing 'spy' software onto a cellular device is a federal offense and can lock a person up in jail for up to several decades. The chances of a random person wanting to tamper with your phone in this way takes SIGNIFICANT technical skills and very improbable unless you have some highly classified information listed on your phone which would serve a great purpose to some very high profile people. The FBI and other law enforcement do not install third party software in order to beep into your calls and interrupt you while you speak and randomly power your phone on and off; they tap your phone in order to listen in on your calls without your knowledge. If you are, however, worried that something fishy is going on, you can always do a complete factory restore on your phone which would allow everything on your phone to be removed and restored to factory settings.

I hope this answers your question! =D

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i already tried that and still there is one way he manage to do it. i cant be my whole life switching phone. and every time you ask him he dinied it.any way thank you for your help. im planning to get the iphone is there a way to prevent this for happening with that phone
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 4 years ago.
You won't have to switch phones, you can just perform a reset on your phone. If the guy installed something on your phone then that should take care of it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can he be able to hack to someone else phone without having the phone on his hand
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 4 years ago.

Short answer is no.

Long answer is maybe, if all the circumstances were ideal. You're connected to the persons network. The person is a HIGHLY trained expert who works for some type of national government. You must be some type of government official or high profile entity. If not, I would say no.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
WELL TAHNK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFO I BELEIVE HE IS GETTING HELP WITH SOMEONE ELSE IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 4 years ago.

Glad I could help.

Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience: Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!