Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
46174997

my samsung model sgh-a897 touch screen will not respond to

Customer Question

my samsung model sgh-a897 touch screen will not respond to the touch.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the trouble you are having with your phone. Have you tried doing asoft reset yet? Remove the battery and wait for 30 seconds. Put the battery back in and let it boot back up. Let me know if that does not help.

Any chance you damaged the screen (dropped etc?)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes i've tried the soft reset, phone comes on and updates time. i have not dropped it . i can press the left bottem button and get call history , press it again and it calls the last number. the soft reset has worked before but will not now.
Have you done a hard reset yet (this will erase all your phone data) but it would be the next step as if the screen is not responding at all it has to be a driver/ops bus error or something actually wrong with the hardware. Factory reset should isolate or fix it.

1. From the standby screen, press Menu
  2. Press Settings
  3. Press Phone
  4. Press Reset Phone
  5. Press Yes to Reset the handset’s settings to the factory defaults
  6. Enter the Password XXXXX press on OK (Default is last 4 digits of the phone
    number)
  7. If prompted, re-enter the Password XXXXX confirm then press on OK
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
even in the standby screen the menu is on the touch screen and will not react to the touch, but i can push the camera button on the right and take a picture and it saves it.
Not sure if the mythic has the same reset button next to the power button like the Omnia, but try this.

1.Press soft reset hole beside the power button.
2.Press Call and Cancel Button together when you see the Samsung Omnia on the screen.
3.Reset Screen appear with "Are you sure you want to format? Format or Cancel".
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
don't have a soft reset hole beside power button
Man, sorry. I do not know what to say. I dont think I have a good answer. I am going to opt out and let someone else take a crack at this. Good luck!