Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  USAF trained; currently teaching electronics for the DoD.
42300671

why does my iphone say temperature need to cool down and then

Customer Question

why does my iphone say temperature need to cool down and then keep turning off and how to fix it
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Dan T. replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Some things to remember about the iPhone:

Operate it a place where the temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might temporarily shorten battery life or cause the device to temporarily stop working properly.

Store the device in a place where the temperature is between -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F). Don’t leave the device in your car, because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range.

When using the device or charging the battery, it is normal for it to get warm. The exterior of the device functions as a cooling surface that transfers heat from inside the device to the cooler air outside.

The message you are referring to appears when the operating temperature has become too hot. This is a safety mechanism that protects the components of your device. If this message appears, you should turn the device off, move it to a cooler environment (NOT the freezer), and allow it to cool before resuming use.

Some conditions and activities that may activate the Temperature warning message:

1. Leaving the device in a car on a hot day.

2. Leaving it in direct sunlight for extended amounts of time.

3. Using certain features in hot conditions or direct sunlight for long periods of time, such as GPS tracking in a car on a sunny day or listening to music while in direct sunlight.

If you are in compliance with everything I've said... and your phone still has issues, it will need to be examined first hand by Apple.

I hope I have been of assistance. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you... and thanks again for using JustAnswer!

There is no need to reply unless you have additional questions. Doing so will only generate a request for me to reply to your post.

Regards,

Edited by Dan T. on 7/6/2010 at 9:21 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what if warn water had wet
Expert:  Dan T. replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry, that doesn't make any sense.... "what if warn water had wet".

Please readdress your last post.

Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what happens when warm water wets an iphone
Expert:  Dan T. replied 4 years ago.
It's typically not a big deal... but it depends on the amount of water. There are a few steps to take if your iPhone got wet:

The first thing to try is drying it out. Don’t try to turn it on, don’t plug it into anything, that may only increase the damage, or damage another component, or electrocute yourself. Instead, dry it out with a hairdryer for a while, and then spray compressed air into the earphone hole at the top, and the dock-adapter hole at the bottom. If you’re lucky, at this point it will turn itself on automatically!

If this doesn’t work, follow the instructions here to open your iPhone and proceed to dry out your internals. Note that this is a dangerous procedure and will void your warranty. Please don’t open up your iPhone! It’s probably a better idea to just take into the Apple store and let their geniuses figure things out.

Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it was a little bit of water that fell in mic part
Expert:  Dan T. replied 4 years ago.
You should be fine, just follow my instructions above.

Regards,