birtz
birtz, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  3+ years experience as a electronic technician.
22505732

I forgot my lock code for my Samsung SCH-R860 (Caliber). How

Customer Question

I forgot my lock code for my Samsung SCH-R860 (Caliber). How can I unlock it without sending it back to Samsung.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  birtz replied 4 years ago.
Here is your few unlocking code for your Samsung phone. Try it.

*2767*3855#
or
*2767*637#
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Those do not work. When prompted to enter the lock code, the * and # XXXXX are greyed out and unavailable to be used.
Expert:  birtz replied 4 years ago.
Please try one more time. use 4 times 0.

" 0000 "

Let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That code didnt work either. It said incorrect code.
Expert:  birtz replied 4 years ago.
I have no more default code for you handset. I suggest you visit Samsung shop then will reset the code by using there company mother code. 90% chance free of cost. Because if you try more code then its may corrupt the operating system.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I find the mother code? Also, I am willing to continue trying to use suggestions froom you. I already have a new phone but want to erase some info off of the old one before I give it away. If you have more codes that may or may not corrupt the OS, I am fine with trying them.
Expert:  birtz replied 4 years ago.
Do you remember how many digit you was used? 4 digit or 6 digit?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It was definitely 4 digits.
Expert:  birtz replied 4 years ago.
ok now try those code .These is we generally use for remember the code. So please try these. May be you remember.

1234
0000
your Date of birth ( Common if you use)
Bank pin code.( Just use the same number)
Any other number last or first 4 digit.
Driving license code.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have tried all of those codes as well and there is nothing that is being accepted. Is there a hard reset option on this device?
Expert:  birtz replied 4 years ago.
One more try please. use 5 times 0.
00000.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still says incorrect code.
Expert:  birtz replied 4 years ago.
Please wait i download your manual.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok, I will wait patiently lol. Thanks for all of your help. 100% feedback even if you cant fix my issue.
Expert:  birtz replied 4 years ago.
i have found a button which is use for lock and unlocking the phone. THe key is the top side power on/off key. Just press it will unlock and again press LOck. And continue pressing ON & OFF.
SEE the MANUAL -- CLICK HERE

Are you able to go in menu option? I think your are not. Let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I am not able to acess the Menu. And I believe you are referring to the screen lock, I need the actual phone unlocked as in a security lock code.
Expert:  birtz replied 4 years ago.
Hmm its mean you made the door lock. After break that you may able to use MENU right.
Try last chance. If you success then fine other wise i have no more codes. Only the way to go for resetting the phone from the samsung service center. Press Call Key & The top side lock key at time for 4 sec and see any chances or not.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately that didnt work either. I guess I will have to contact a sammsung service center . Thank you for all of you help anyway.
Expert:  birtz replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry to say i have no more solution for you. Please contact with service center or if you want i will opt out the question. Do don't accept my answer before take any decision. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. Thanks for all your help, hopefully another of the experts can hellp me out
Expert:  birtz replied 4 years ago.
Yes you right. I will opt out the question for other expert.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. Thabnks again.