Mike, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  6+ Years Repair / Support / Troubleshooting / and Programming Experience
11762411

My I phone is locked up. Has an Itunes icon on the screen,

Customer Question

My I phone is locked up. Has an Itunes icon on the screen, and a graphic of a usb connector cord with an arrow pointing to the icon.

When I try to connect to itunes, it doesn't recognize that my iphone is connected.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi, here is a step-by-step guide that will walk you through several procedures for getting your iPhone to connect with iTunes: iPhone Support Guide. This guide will cover several different possible issues that is preventing your phone from being detected in iTunes. If after completing all the steps in the guide your device will still not be recognized by iTunes, it's likely that your phone is defective and will need to be repaired or replaced by Apple. You can arrange to have an Apple Support Technician call you to arrange the repair/replacement of your device here: Schedule Service Call. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I really don't have the time or knowledge to try to wade through the instructions.

Can you just tell me what to do?

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
I'm not sure what you mean. Have you even looked at the instructions? There is nothing to wade through. They are very short and to the point, and complete with pictures, step-by-step instructions. There is no knowledge required except for the ability to read. I am telling you what to do. I have linked you to the easiest to follow guide w/pictures that could ever be created. Please at least take a look the guide. I'm not sure how anyone can help anymore than that short of coming to your home and fixing your phone for you. I am terribly sorry if those instructions are confusing for you, but I honestly don't know how to explain them any better, which is why I linked to the guide rather than just copying/pasting. I'll be glad to help if there is a step you don't understand.

Edited by Mike on 6/5/2010 at 4:37 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Well, I guess I was expecting more help for $15 bucks than just go read the instructions.

Not satisfied. Won't come back for this type of "help", but thanks anyway.

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
You do have more help than just "read the instructions". We would never say "just go read the instructions", nor have I ever said to "just read the instructions". It appears you aren't reading the posts. Perhaps you are having a bad day? Perhaps you don't understand how the site works. You are free to ask follow up questions at no additional charge. The answer is by no means the last point of communication. Sorry, but there is no "magic" one step procedure for fixing all iPhone problems. You have follow 6 steps which include making sure your iPhone is charged, trying another USB port, restarting your computer, etc. Each step of the process includes reading approximately two sentences and has a picture to help illustrate the procedure. Most customers are thrilled to have a graphic to help illustrated the procedure. There is nothing extra to read or comprehend. In addition, I've also offered to help walk you through any step you don't understand. I've linked to the guide to help you, because most customers find the steps with pictures to be very helpful, not to try to make things easier on myself by just linking to a guide. If you could at least look at the guide I've linked to I think you'll find that it is very easy and simple to follow. I don't understand what you want exactly. Perhaps you could explain what you expect exactly or what you don't understand about the easy step-by-step instructions? I'll be glad to make the procedure as easy as possible for you. Otherwise, I'm at a loss as to what you expect, but I'm terribly sorry this didn't work out for you. Best of luck.

Edited by Mike on 6/5/2010 at 9:30 PM EST