Mike, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  6+ Years Repair / Support / Troubleshooting / and Programming Experience
11762411

my samsung galaxy is locked due to pattern lock attempts ,i

Customer Question

my samsung galaxy is locked due to pattern lock attempts ,i have forgot my gmail address can u help
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi, just to clarify, do you mean your device has been locked because you've entered the wrong pattern too many times? Or do you just meant hat you can't unlock it because you don't remember the pattern? What message are you seeing on the phone, exactly?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes i have entered it too many times and it is now asking for gmail email account and password XXXXX i dont know either
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
You can use this Google page to recovery your username and password XXXXX you've forgotten: Recover Google Username. If you're not able to recover your username and password, you can do hard reset by following this procedure:

Turn the power off. If your Samsung Galaxy is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it

Hold the Volume Down button

Press and release the Power button

You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock

Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button

Press and release the Power button

Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

Edited by Mike on 6/5/2010 at 9:00 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
already tried this from the internet site ,,it just turns on but no menu appears it just starts up as normal no menu appears and is still locked
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
It's hard to do just right. It actually took me personally about 10 tries to get it right the first time I did it. But there is no doubt this works, it's just a matter of pressing the keys correctly. Make sure you're still holding the volume button when you press and release the power button. Hold it with a lot of force to make sure you're not releasing it. Keep trying, you'll get it. Maybe take it in to your local service provider and have them perform the procedure for you if you're not able to get it. There's a reason you've probably seen these instructions on other websites, I'm afraid there is no other way.

Edited by Mike on 6/5/2010 at 10:46 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i tried this all night it does not work ,had to pay to get it reset in the end

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
I understand. Glad you got it worked out.