Mike, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  6+ Years Repair / Support / Troubleshooting / and Programming Experience
11762411

I bought the TracFone from HSN that gives me 800 minutes. How

I bought the TracFone from HSN that gives me 800 minutes. How do I get this time? There is a coupon book enclosed.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
To enter bonus code, if you are redeeming airtime via your tracfone, append the code to the airtime code: e.g. xxxxxxxxxxxx57676 where xxxxxxxxxxxx is the airtime code, and 57676 is the coupon/bonus code.
If you are using the website (www.tracfone.com), after you enter the ESN/IMEI, select "Want to use the WEB" link.
NOTE: the advantage to using the "Want to use the WEB" process is that if the promo code is not valid, the system will not process your airtime pin. This allows you to try again using a different promo code. There may be a limit to how many wrong/invalid/expired promo codes you can try before the system processes your airtime card anyway without adding any bonus. Recommend closing the window, clear browser cache, and starting fresh after any failed code... But essentially, coupon/bonus codes are added bonuses to your airtime cards. Adding a bonus code will give you different things like double minutes, or an extra 50 minutes, etc, depending on that bonus code. If you're new to tracfone and worried about not entering a code correctly or something, use the website at first. That way your card doesn't get processed without the bonus. You won't lose your minutes if you don't enter it correctly, worst case, you'll just lose out on the bonus. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Edited by Mike on 5/25/2010 at 1:19 PM EST