Mike, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  6+ Years Repair / Support / Troubleshooting / and Programming Experience
11762411

My blackberry is displaying JVM Error 517; reset. I went to

My blackberry is displaying JVM Error 517; reset. I went to the AT and T store but they said they couldn't fix it. What should I do?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi, error JVM error 517 means that the file system on your BlackBerry has become corrupt. You'll need to reinstall the OS. To do this:

If not already installed, download and install BlackBerry Device Software and BlackBerry Desktop Manager from your wireless service provider web site. Use Application Loader to reload the software onto your BlackBerry device, and your BlackBerry should be fine.

If you're not familiar with this process, post back which BlackBerry you have and who your service provider is and I'll see if I can find a good step-by-step tutorial to help you with the process.

Regards,