Engineer John C., Cell Phones Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified
23822421

my power on and off button doesnt work anymore so it does not

Customer Question

my power on and off button doesnt work anymore so it does not lock either and i dont have any service majority of the time what do i do? this is on my iphone by the way
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please reset the iPhone. To reset it, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for 10 or more seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

Please watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNlOd4QYVzo

Please let me know if the issue is solved or no, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1* Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2* Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3* Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4* Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no the sleep/wake button does not work! only the button on the middle on the bottom.. only way i can lock it is if i leave it for 1 minute and it locks automatically... but i cant even turn it off unless i drain my battery.. help?!