Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have a kitten who turned 9 weeks this past wednesday and

Customer Question

Hi I have a kitten who turned 9 weeks this past wednesday and in the past few days has become very weak and losing weight. She is drinking water eating wet food but very little and she is peeing and its normal color. She just seems very limp even though she is walking around. There are 3 other kittens and they are all fine and she was actually the bigger one but now she is the smallest. The mother is allowing them to only nurse very little at this point. Could it be something simple? Possibly not enough nutrition?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No nothing on her foot
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Gracie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gracie?
Customer: Its mostly how she seems to have lost weight so quickly and seems so weak and tired. Her limbs are just real floppy like and when I pick her up to sit at food bowl she just drinks a little and may lick some wet food and lays down right where she is
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 12 days ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry Gracie is not thriving.She sounds dehydrated ad hypyglycemic.

Rub a drop of honey into her gums every 4 hours to raise her blood sugar.

Drain the water from a ca of tun into a dish and see if she will lap it up for hydration. If she does offer some tuna.

Get baby food chicken or turkey with no onion powder, fancy feast and little friskies canned cat food...warm it a bit to brink out the aroma.

You can syringe feed by inserting the dropper in the side of her mouth where there is a space between her teeth.

Please let me know how she is doing. Just reply here or if you prefer, we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Kind regards,

Terri