Kelly Jones
Kelly Jones, Cat Veterinarian
97758537

We have a feral cat in our yard. He was hurt (looks like a

We have a feral cat in our yard. He was hurt (looks like a broken leg) and I tried to cover him with a towel to put him in the carrier to go to the vet. While I was holding him, May husband dropped the carrier, scare the cat who broke lose from the towel somewhat leaving me with a scratched, very red, bruised looking eyelid, a scratch over my nose that bleed alot. Various scratches all over my face and a bite that went completely through my thumb, thumbnail and all. I went and got a tetanum and antibiotics today, but when I got home it struck me that the cat had not had ANY vaccines including rabies. What do I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: No clue. I found him laying in the drive and he looked hurt, so I talked to him while sending my husband in for a towel and we called the vet that we were going to take him to.
JA: How old is the?
Customer: happened last night. Today is 5/18 Looked like he has a broken leg, but he is under the house again and we can't get him to come out
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the?
Customer: Other than he was feral and cam up as a kitten maybe 1 and 1/2 year ago. I've never been able to catch him to get him vaccinated and spayed.

Hi, my name is***** and I am a veterinarian. I'm sorry you got injured while trying to help the kitty, I wish he could understand that you are there to help.

I would contact animal control and/or the health department since the kitty is not vaccinated for rabies. Rabies once a person shows symptom, the virus is deadly 100% of the time. Please be careful! Whenever my staff or I gets bitten at work, we report all bites to animal control for that reason.

I would contact animal control to see if you can borrow a trap or if they would be open to help you catch him, especially since you are willing to get him vaccinated and fixed.

Does this help?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
thanks