Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Kingsland Blvd Animal Clinic
94981754

She is 15 YO, hasen't eaten in 8 days, and is losing weight.

She is 15 YO, hasen't eaten in 8 days, and is losing weight. Is weak., but doesn't seem to be in pain. Drinks very little.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Daisy.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Daisy?
Customer: She was active until about 10 days ago. Spends most of her time outside.

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question.

Can you provide me with some additional information about Daisy?

What breed is she?

Has she had any blood work checked recently or a physical exam done by your regular veterinarian?

8 days is a long time to not eat I am really concerned that she needs to be assessed ASAP by a veterinarian.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
She's a feral cat, born on a farm in MI, longhair. No blood work, was examined about a year ago by a vet. Has had all her shots.

At 15 years old I would be worried about the following conditions that will need a physical exam and bloodwork to get diagnosed

1. Kidney dysfunction

2. Liver disease

3. infection

4. Unfortunately at her age we also have to consider cancer

We need to get her examined by a veterinarian and get some blood work checked to start getting this figured out.

My concern is that we need to get this done ASAP as if we wait any longer she is going to be extremely weak and we may not be able to fix her.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you.

I want to do more for you and her here but I am limited because she is so ill. 8 days is too long to not eat. I am really worried this is something serious.

I hope we are able to get her to a veterinarian and figure out what is wrong and hopefully with some therapies we can save her.

I will keep you and her in my thoughts

Good luck.

If this was helpful I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to rate my assistance so the site will credit me with helping you.

I am also here for additional questions you may have just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney