Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

He got a cut a week ago. After we trimmed the fur, we put

Customer Question

He got a cut a week ago. After we trimmed the fur, we put some Neosporin. But he scratched the bandaid away. Then a few days ago, I put a solution of Iodine and water. There was some improvement, but yesterday it looked swollen. We don't have a vet in town anymore. And I cannot afford to travel 4 hours out of town( 2hours to go and come back), as I take care of my handicapped husband. What do you advise?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: oh sorry, a cat with long fur.
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: Yes, the cat got cut, but I cannot travel 4 hours out of town.
JA: Is the cat bleeding a lot?
Customer: No, very little. It was a small cut, who got a little bigger. Then stopped getting worth for a while, and improved with the Iodine. But now it is swollen.
JA: Phew. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: His name is***** year or more.
JA: How old is Magellan?
Customer: a year and a half may be.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Magellan?
Customer: Not really, no. He usually is a very healthy cat.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
He is a cat. His name is***** is a year and a half, more or less.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Hilary Humm-Beatty replied 8 days ago.

Good afternoon. I am Dr. Beatty and I can help you with Magellan. I have read through your notes and understand he was scratched and the area of the scratch is now swollen. You are concerned about the swelling but cannot easily get him to the vet. I see you would like a phone call but unfortunately, that link is not available to me at the moment. Woudl you like to continue with written conversation?

The call link is active to me now. If you would like to proceed with a call I am pleased to do that.

Expert:  Terri replied 8 days ago.

I am sorry Magellan got hurt

You don't need all that stuff. Just go to Walmart and get jar of raw honey. Apply it to the cut several times a day.It will heal it up very quickly. It s safe to ingest.

You can apply raw honey to any sore or irritated areas. It is a remarkable healing agent:

http://winterparkhoney.ecrater.com/p/4865201/16-oz-melaleuca-honey-raw-unheated

http://oramanukahoney.com.au/animal_care.html

Please let me know how he is doing. Just reply here or if you prefer, we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Kind regards,

Terri