Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Our local vet says our cat needs teeth removed because they

Hello, our local vet says our cat needs teeth removed because they are infected, we cannot afford the fee of over two hundred pounds, we are on several benefits so the vet advised us to contact you for treatment, are we eligible?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: Her teeth are infected and causing her pain we have been told that they need removing.
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: She is called Magic and is about eight years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Magic?
Customer: No.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

In regards ***** ***** question, what you need to do is check your eligibility for PDSA care (HERE). If you have the appropriate benefits listed there, then you can be seen at your local PDSA. Or if there is no local option, the PDSA will fund some of the cost of the dental via your vets with the Pet Aid Scheme. Otherwise, if you don't qualify for any reason, the RSPCA (HERE) would be your next point of contact. The RSPCA does have some hospitals that they will see animals directly, but if you are too far from an RSPCA hospital, then some branches can still help subsidize the costs of getting her treatment. They may even be able to help organize a payment plan and refer you to their contracted vet, who will likely have a contracted price range for their charity.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you!: )

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.