PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I have a yard cat who must be about 22 years old. He had a

Customer Question

I have a yard cat who must be about 22 years old. He had a really bad time with fleas lasts year and I've tried to get him to eat Comforts in his food which sometime he does and sometimes not. Already this year he has been bitten and has scratched so bad with his back toenails its obvious he has a skin infection so I started giving him some Keflex and he is eating well but is crying almost all night. Can't catch him to take him to the vet and I don't want to call Animal Control to catch him and take him away. Breaks my heart. I have a regular Vet and I'm wondering if she might give me an oral sedative to give him at home so he can just peacefully go to sleep? Your thoughts please.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Animal?
Customer: No really. Like I said he's at least 22 years old and has always been an outside cat. Guessing his immune system just can't take it anymore.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

In order to euthanize a cat, we must give injectable medications as there is no pill that will cause the euthanasia. Have you looked in to a mobile vet that can come to visit him in your home?