Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

My cats vagina opening is bleeding it just started and it

Customer Question

Hi my cats vagina opening is bleeding it just started and it kind of heavy. Please help
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: She isnt spayed yet and I know she has tape worms right now but I've never seen them cause bleeding before. Shes not even a year old yet
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please hurry
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is anyone even on here? Hello?
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 days ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay I'm just really scared and I wasn't sure if this is just a scam. Its too late to go to the vet

Because it's rare to see any discharge from the vagina due to a cat's fastidious grooming, when you do see it it usually represents pyometra - pus rolling out of an infected uterus through the vagina and vulva. Pyometra arises 1-3 months after a heat period and is a surgical problem. Spaying should be curative. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What cures it?

As I mentioned in my reply, spaying should be curative. Please continue our conversation if you wish.