Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Kingsland Blvd Animal Clinic
94981754

Puppy 10 weeks old - drinking excessively yesterday and

Customer Question

Puppy 10 weeks old - drinking excessively yesterday and today - many indoor urinating accidents yesterday - one today - very unusual - when taking outside all afternoon and this evening squats but is not producing urine. She is eating fine and does not act ill -
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the puppy's name?
Customer: Molly
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Molly?
Customer: We have had Molly for two weeks - there is nothing else that I am aware of
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 12 days ago.

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question.

It sounds like Molly has a urinary tract infection. Generally when female dogs get this they will drink more and pee more and strain with very little urine coming out because their urethra is spasming making them think they need to go.

If you do not have a regular veterinarian yet I would recommend finding one tonight and calling first thing tomorrow morning to get her urine checked for bacteria, white blood cells and red blood cells.

Since she is eating ok and not acting lethargic she is stable and can wait the night and be seen tomorrow.

If you are near an emergency clinic and would like to get a jump on the possible infection you can take her in tonight, but the exam will be a little more expensive then a regular veterinarian tomorrow.

Once we get her urine checked and see what type of bacteria is there your veterinarian can pick the appropriate antibiotic for her.

Good luck.

If this was helpful I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to rate my assistance so the site will credit me with helping you.

I am also here for additional questions you may have just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney