Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My 7 year old cat is veryconstipated, he crys whan he moves

Customer Question

my 7 year old cat is veryconstipated, he crys whan he moves his bowels Is there an over the counter product that can help quickly and what changes should i make in his diet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Charlie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Charlie?
Customer: he is an in and out door cat a rescue cat that is very sweet. he had his tail removed due to severe injury. i do not know is he had injury to his hind quarters at that time,I have had him for 4 years,
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear Charlie has this problem. Is he eating? Are his stools hard or dry?

You can get Mira Lax over the counter. It is a powder and you can sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon on his food, twice daily, as a safe stool softener.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you. How is Charlie doing?

Was this helpful; can I answer anything else?