Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

We have an 11 lb cat and she has been taking Clavazox (1 cc

We have an 11 lb cat and she has been taking Clavazox (1 cc twice a day)for the last week. She started trowing up last night and she is continuing to preridically starts to throw up. She makes noises like shje is going to throw up a lot , but it is only a small amount primarily liquid. we have seen small hair-balls in some of the vomit.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: No, the only thing unusual thet she consumes is the Clavamox.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** I think she is about 14 years old. (We have not had her since birth)
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lolita?
Customer: She does have a weak intestinal system.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Poor Lolita!

Clavamox is known to cause nausea and vomiting as a side effect in sensitive animals. Therefore, do give her a 24 hour break from that medication (if she has a sensitive gut then we may even want to ring her vet about an alternative antibiotic she will tolerate better) just now. Further to that, we can try to reduce her nausea with an OTC antacid like Pepcid (More Info/Dose @http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid) or Milk of Magnesia (0.25tsp every 12 hours). Whichever you use, we'd give this 20 minutes before food to allow absorption and of course double check with your vet before use if your wee one has any known health issues or is on any medications you haven't mentioned. After, we can also offer her small meals of a light diet like boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled. Of course, if her signs are too severe to settle with these, then we'd want her local vet to start injectable anti-nausea medication to nip this in the bud for her.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you!: )