Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson,
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Woodland West Animal Hospital
97605149

A dog chased her into a cement wall and now her left back

a dog chased her into a cement wall and now her left back leg sticks out when she sits. She can jump into my lap, limps slightly, purrs when petted.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: about 1.5' onto the driveway.
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: kitty, she's about 14.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about kitty?
Customer: Has always hated being picked up.

Hi Dr. W here. If she is walking with only a slight limp but still able to jump up on your lap normally, she may have just experienced a muscle sprain/strain. This should resolve in a day or two. If she worsens over the next 2 days or isn't improving, you may want to consider x-rays and a physical examination to check her joints. Be sure that you do not give her any over-the counter anti-inflammatories because they are not safe for cats.

Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5 star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Heath Wilkerson