Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My cat got into some peanuts and started vomiting a day and

My cat got into some peanuts and started vomiting a day and a half later it is now been 3 days and as of right now she's holding down food should I be worried about blockage

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- What type of peanuts? Styrofoam or real peanuts?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Peanuts, cahews, and macadamia

1- How long since the last time she vomited?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
This morning

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Beth, unlikely for the nuts to become obstructed unless they had the shell. Because of their high-fat content they can cause vomiting, diarrhea, pancreatitis, etc. If she is holding food down since this morning this is a very good sign. I would keep her on a bland diet of rice with boiled boneless chicken or ground beef for a few days. If she continues to vomit the next step is a hands-on examination with your family veterinarian to rule out pancreatitis.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** much better. There was no shells. I will deffintly keep an eye on her.

You're welcome, Beth. :)

Hi Beth,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bama. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter