Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Have a 11 yrs old cat that stopped eating and have turn

Have a 11 yrs old cat that stopped eating and have turn yellow. We have been force feeding him kitten formula and finally got him eating again. He now has a yellow fluid coming from is nose!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: King Solomon !
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about King Solomon?
Customer: He has lost a lot of weight.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. Just ignore it. There are a couple of things I would be concerned about. The first would be that his liver is shutting down. The other is that he has excessive destruction of his red blood cells (usually by the immune system). Cats that go anorexic for more than 3 day are prone to a serious liver problem called hepatic lipidosis. Their liver cannot handle the excessive breakdown of fat from starvation and just shuts down. It is a serious condition. I would highly recommend getting him to a vet today to get blood work ran. They will most likely need to put a catheter in him an give fluids to help flush his system. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you !!!!

You are very welcome. Let me know if you have further concerns.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. John