Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

HE IS 17 YRS. HAS HAD BAD EARS NOW HIS EYS ARE WATERING

Customer Question

HE IS 17 YRS. HAS HAD BAD EARS NOW HIS EYS ARE WATERING BLOWING HIS NOES LOTS OF MUCUS COMES OUT,SNEESES HE HAS BEEN DOING THIS FOR SOMETIME-HE REALLY DONT FEEL GOOD TONIGHT -LOOKS BAD ,DROPPY EYES. VET HAS HIM TAKING METHIMAZOLE 2 TIMES DAYLEY AT 5 MG FOR THYROID
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: MAKKIE
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about MAKKIE?
Customer: HEHAS SEEN HIM SEVERAL TIMES FOR HIS EARS
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Has your vet seen him at all for this upper respiratory infection? Any current medications besides methimazole? Is he up to date on his distemper vaccine?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
as far as I know he has his shotsHe gave me allergy pills dident work

Okay. This does not sound like an allergy to me, this sounds like an upper respiratory infection. These are common in older cats. Your cat needs antibiotics, not allergy meds. Tonight you can run a hot, steamy shower with no fan on and keep your cat in that room for 15 mins. Tomorrow, call your vet and ask for antibiotics. That should do the trick.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are not necessary, but are appreciated, as they go directly to me rather than to the website. Best of luck.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sorry cant do that at this time THANK YOU
-t
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
WHAT DID THIS COST ME?

You can't do what? The steamy shower, or calling for antibiotics? If you tell me your restrictions (where you live, etc) I can cater my response to your limitations.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
CANT AFORD THAT -LOW INCOME-RETIRED
I'm not sure I understand. If you've already seen the vet and gotten allergy meds, you can call and ask them to call in antibiotics to a local pharmacy. In most cases, it is less than $10. But most towns have pharmacies that do not charge anything for amoxicillin, so you can have your vet call it into one of those pharmacies, and it will cost you nothing,