Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I have a large male MainCoone who needs a bath. He has poop

Customer Question

I have a large male MainCoone who needs a bath. He has poop stuck in his fur. I can't find someone who will clean home and I can't just leave him that way. He won't take a bath easily and I was wondering if there was anything that would calm him down enough to clean him?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just don't want him to get sick or worse.
Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Terri replied 1 month ago.

Hi Katheryne,

I can tell you how to sedate Max to make him sleepy enough to bathe.

Cut a 25 mg benedryl pill in half so its 12.5 mg. Add it to a tablespoon of turkey baby food with no onion powder OR a tablespoon of Little friskies turkey & giblets pate. Turkey contains l-triptophan so the combination of turkey and benedryl will make him sleepy.

Please let me know how he is doing .

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Kind regards,

Terri