Dr. Karing
Dr. Karing, Veterinarian
Experience:  General veterinarian with a special interest in internal medicine and emphasis on individualized care.
24928096

We have a rescue cat, belongs to my son now. He is unable to

Customer Question

We have a rescue cat, belongs to my son now. He is unable to use his hind legs is dragging them and cries whenever he moves. We think he was bitten by another animal. He deloped an abscess near tail and anal area. We drained it and put medical on it. Stopped draining but able to walk. My son is a student and cannot afford to pay vet services, we can help him make payments. Just want to know where he can take him where it's affordable. We are in San Antonio,Texas.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: He has no shots, since he found him recently. Persi,is a very sweet cat.!
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Karing replied 5 months ago.

Hi there,

I'mCustomerand I would be glad to help with your question. I'm afraid something very serious is wrong sice Persi is still unable to walk and his crying suggests that he is in pain. I found some links to low cost veterinary services in San Antonio Texas (just scroll down the list) which might help.

http://pawsitivelytexas.com/resources-for-pet-owners/resources-for-pet-owners/

If he has spinal cord damage that has resulted in complete paralysis of his hind legs, then euthanasia is the kindest way to proceed. Your local animal shelter should be able to provide euthanasia for this injured cat at no cost. http://www.sanantonio.gov/Animal-Care/What-We-Do-Services/Animal-Control

I hope you found this information helpful.

Best of luck,

Customer/p>

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Karing