Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Ial skin infectionvet said it is bacterial, keeps coming

Customer Question

ial skin infectionvet said it is bacterial, keeps coming back in different spots especially tail
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: fluffy
JA: How old is fluffy?
Customer: 14 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about fluffy?
Customer: no, no change in detergents, litter or other pets
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Karing replied 14 days ago.

Hi there,

I'm Dr. Karing and I would be glad to help with your question about Fluffy. Usually reoccurring skin infections are the result of an allergy. Is Fluffy itchy?

Expert:  Dr. Karing replied 12 days ago.

Since there has been no response, I'm going to opt out and allow another veterinarian to help you.

Expert:  Carole Cocagne replied 12 days ago.

Hi I'm Dr. Carole and I'm a small animal veterinarian. How long has Fluffy had these infections? What age did they start? How has the veterinarian diagnosed the infection? Was testing done of any sort?