Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Cat stayed away from home overnight with very low

Customer Question

Cat stayed away from home overnight with very low temperatures. Found her the next day but is very lethargic. What is the best course of care? Thanks.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. It could be an infection. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Emily. 9.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Emily?
Customer: No
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about Emily being out in the cold all night. If you check her gums, are they pink in color, or pale? Can you take her temperature with a thermometer?

If her temp is below 100, she may need to be warmed up: get her to drink warm liquids such as broth, see if she will lie on a heating pad on low or medium (not high) setting.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I have not heard back from you; I hope you were able to see my response. How is Emily doing?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?