Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Thank you for your help. My cat, LoveyDovey is constipated.

Customer Question

Hello Pearl Wilson. Thank you for your help. My cat, LoveyDovey is constipated. I adopted her on 12/24. I was given L-Lysine to mix in her food. But she wouldn't eat
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is LoveyDovey?
Customer: She is 6 yrs. old. She hasn't deficated for two days. Yesterday I gave her the worming medication I was given to give her. I thought that might help her go. But no go. I am concerned. I massaged her stomach for a short time hoping that would help her to go. I'm elderly, (74 yrs.)
JA: There are all sorts of infestations cats can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about LoveyDovey?
Customer: Yes, I get a very small amount of money from Social security. So I have to be careful on what I spend. Can you help her?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Was that last stool normal, loose or hard?

Is she straining to pass stool?

Is she eating at all?

Any gagging, retching, lip licking, drooling or vomiting?

If you press on her belly, any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?